Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Damage to roads and bridges: Notification

Damage to the road area, such as loose pavement slabs, bumps, tripping hazards or holes, as well as to bridges, can be reported to the competent authority.

The notification should contain information

  • the exact location,
  • to the detriment and
  • to the detector (for any queries)


If there is a risk of accident, the damage will be secured and, if necessary, an immediate measure will be commissioned. Otherwise, the damage will be included in the road maintenance program.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility for roads within the locality lies with the municipality, the joint municipality and the city in which the damage occurred.

On roads outside the municipal area, the district is responsible for district roads or the state for federal and state roads.

Which documents are required?

No documents are required.

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There are no deadlines to be observed.

Technically approved by

the AG Kommunenredaktion


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)