Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

License to practice dentistry Grant

Anyone wishing to practise as a dentist in Germany requires a separate professional licence: the licence to practise medicine or a licence to practise a profession. The license to practice medicine represents the more comprehensive professional admission and is issued by the competent authority.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the Niedersächsischer Zweckverband für Approbationserteilung (NiZzA).


The license to practice medicine is linked to various prerequisites, which are based on

  • successful completion of studies in Germany or an equivalent qualification abroad,
  • nationality, and
  • obtain personal and health suitability for the exercise of the profession.

Which documents are required?

Documents are required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

There are fees according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) from No. 7.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There are no deadlines to be observed.

What else should I know?

Applying abroad in a health profession:

In order to practice the profession of a dentist abroad , a "Certificate of Good standing" (henceforth: Certificate of Current Professional Status) is usually required. This certificate is issued by the competent authority if you last worked in your profession in Lower Saxony.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)