Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Apply for a reduction in daycare costs

You may have to pay money for your child's attendance at the KiTa. The amount of the financial burden is calculated according to your income. The burden may only be within the scope of the so-called "reasonable burden".

If your income is significantly reduced, you can apply for a reduction or exemption from your financial burden.

Upon application, the costs can be reduced, waived or taken over by the public youth welfare agency.

Who should I contact?

Public or independent child and youth welfare agencies in the place where your child is registered.


  • Your child attends a daycare center.
  • The financial burden is not reasonable for you and the child.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)