Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Lengerich

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Apply for one-off benefits

If you have little or no income or assets, you can apply for a citizen's allowance for one-off benefits in special situations. It does not matter whether you have received money from the Jobcenter or not. Situations in which you may be entitled to one-off benefits include, for example, if:

  • You are expecting a child and therefore need new equipment and clothing.
  • You need furniture or household appliances for the first time or need to buy a new one after a divorce.
  • You need orthopedic shoes or need to have them repaired.
  • You need to have therapeutic equipment or equipment repaired.

In these and other cases, you can apply for either a cash or non-cash benefit (vouchers) from the Jobcenter.

Contact your local job centre before submitting an application. In many cases, the Jobcenter uses its own application form, sometimes an informal application with a justification is sufficient. The amount of one-off benefits may vary from region to region.

Process flow

For one-off benefits, please contact your local job centre by phone, e-mail or in person. They will provide you with further information and an application form if you need one. Alternatively, you can also apply for the benefits online using the digital application for Citizens' Benefit.

  • Fill out the application form or write a substantiated informal application, depending on the specifications of your responsible job centre.
  • Send the application to the Jobcenter. In it, you have to prove your need. Attach the necessary documents requested by the Jobcenter, which prove the need and are required for the examination.
  • The Jobcenter will review your application. Evidence from a third party (e.g. your landlord) may be required to check whether you need one-off services. Ultimately, the authority makes a decision on a case-by-case basis. You will then receive a notification from the Jobcenter. There are three possible choices:
    • the application is approved,
    • the application is granted in part,
    • the application is rejected.
  • The Jobcenter will pay you the approved amount or send you the benefit in kind (voucher).


If you are able to work and are unlikely to be able to cover your living expenses financially at the moment or in the next 6 months, you can apply for citizens' allowance for one-off benefits as a cash benefit or benefit in kind (voucher). The one-time service must also be necessary. The benefit is then to be used exclusively for what has been applied for, i.e. for

  • the initial furnishing of the apartment,
  • the initial equipment for clothing and initial equipment for pregnancy and childbirth,
  • the purchase and repair of orthopaedic shoes,
  • the repairs of therapeutic devices and equipment, as well as the rental of therapeutic equipment.

Which documents are required?

  • Identity card or passport
  • Proof of income
  • if necessary:
    • Proof of assets
    • Rental agreement, proof of rent payment or house charges
    • Maternity record or medical certificate of the date of delivery
    • Prescription
    • Quotes

Please ask the Jobcenter responsible for you which documents you need to submit for your case.

What are the fees?

You don't have to pay any costs if you have an account. If you do not have an account, you will receive a payment instruction to offset a cash payment (ZzV-Bar). That's a check. However, this will incur costs that will be deducted directly from the benefit to which you are entitled. Since the amount of the costs for the payment order can vary, please contact your local job centre for more information. You can have the cheque paid out in cash. Payments are made exclusively through Postbank branches. The ZzV-Bar is a means of payment provided by Postbank AG, the use of which has been agreed separately between the Federal Employment Agency and Postbank.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Make the application before you make the purchases, as one-time services are only provided if the need is not yet met.

Processing duration

Your application may take several weeks to process.

Applications / forms

Forms available: Depending on the job centre
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes


  • Contradiction
  • Summary proceedings before the Social Court
  • Appeal to the Social Court

What else should I know?

The one-off services are provided under the responsibility of the local authorities (independent cities and districts). The amount of benefits may therefore vary from region to region.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Landkreis Emsland - Fachbereich Arbeit
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993
Building Access:
elevator available : yes
wheelchair-accessible : yes


Telephone: 05931 44-0
responsible for:

Data protection information

Landkreis Emsland
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993
Building Access:
elevator available : yes
wheelchair-accessible : yes
bank account:
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Emsländische Volksbank
IBAN: DE26266600600120050000
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Sparkasse Emsland
IBAN: DE39266500010000001339
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Postbank Hannover
IBAN: DE36250100300012132306


Marc-André Burgdorf
responsible for:
Bernd Otten (Datenschutzbeauftragter)
Telephone: 05931 44-1605
Fax: 05931 44-391605
responsible for:
Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99
Building Access:
elevator available : unknown
wheelchair-accessible : unknown

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)