Receive funding for activation and professional integration measures from the Jobcenter
The Jobcenter can support measures to support you in your professional (re)integration and to improve your chances of integration into the labour market. Specifically, these activation and integration measures aim to:
- to introduce them to the training and labour market and to identify, reduce or remove barriers to placement that make their integration into the labour market more difficult,
- to provide you with employment subject to compulsory insurance,
- introduce you to self-employment, or
- stabilise the start of employment.
You can take part in measures with an institution or an employer.
The Jobcenter can commission providers to carry out the measures and assign you a place to participate.
However, you can also receive an activation and placement voucher from the Jobcenter to register with a provider of your choice. The voucher contains information on the aim and content of the measure, which will be discussed and agreed with you in advance.
The maximum possible funding period depends on the objective of the measure and your individual support needs and is partly regulated by law. For example, measures can take place at an employer for a maximum of 6 weeks. If you are long-term unemployed or have special placement barriers, you can participate for up to 12 weeks.
The duration of the professional knowledge may not exceed 8 weeks. Longer qualifications or measures leading to a vocational qualification can be funded for adults through the promotion of continuing vocational training (education voucher).
The Jobcenter informs and advises you about offers and funding opportunities.
There is no legal entitlement to funding. Whether and to what extent you receive support is decided by your Jobcenter.
The funding of a measure for activation and professional integration must be approved by your job centre before the start of the measure.
- Please make an appointment for a personal consultation with the Jobcenter responsible for you.
- In a joint discussion, your integration specialist will discuss the necessary support needs with you and advise you on the right type of measure.
- If the decision is positive, you will receive the approval documents, with information on the type, objective, content of the measure, duration and scope of the measure as well as what costs will be covered.
- If you do not have permission to participate, you may have to bear the costs of the measure yourself.
- You will receive benefits from the basic income support.
- The need for support was determined in a conversation with your integration specialist.
- Participation was approved by the Jobcenter before the start of the measure.
Which documents are required?
- Explanatory form for funding
The need for support must be determined in consultation with your integration specialist.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline. Contact your integration specialist at the Jobcenter in good time before the planned start of the measure.
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No. It is crucial to have a consultation on performance. Later funding can also be arranged in other ways.
Online services available: Yes
Appeal to the Jobcenter that issued the decision
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.