International road haulage - apply for driver attestation
Anyone who, as a commercial road haulage company with Community licences, uses drivers who do not belong to a member state of the European Union (EU) or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Switzerland requires a driver attestation for the persons concerned. This is applied for by the company for the driving personnel.
The regulation serves as proof that there is no illegal or abusive employment of workers from non-EU countries.
The driver attestation entitles the driver to drive the vehicle on behalf of the road haulage undertaking within the EU. It is granted for a period of up to 5 years. However, it can also be limited to a shorter period of time if the residence permit or passport expires earlier. If the employment relationship is terminated, the driver attestation must be returned to the licensing authority.
The driver must carry the original driver attestation with him every time he travels. A certified copy of the driver attestation shall be kept at the company's premises.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the municipalities, joint municipalities and cities.
Which documents are required?
- Application with details of:
- Name, address and legal form of the company
- the telephone and fax numbers relevant to the registered office of the company as well as the electronic postal address
- the competent issuing authority, the licence number, the date of issue and period of validity and the number of certified copies of the Community licence issued in accordance with Article 4 of Regulation (EC) No 1072/2009 on common rules for access to the international road haulage market;
- Surname, first name, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, type and number of the identity document, date and place of issue of the identity document, number of the driving licence, date and place of issue of the driving licence, social security number of the driver for whom the driver attestation is to be issued.
- The application must be accompanied by:
- the Community licence granted to the undertaking;
- the work permit-EU of the driving personnel, if one has been issued,
- the passport, passport substitute or identity card replacement, the residence permit of the driving personnel and
- the proof in accordance with § 5 paragraph 1 of the Professional Driver Qualification Ordinance, insofar as the application is also directed at the registration in accordance with § 5 paragraph 4 of the Professional Driver Qualification Ordinance or the obligation to complete a basic qualification or further training in accordance with the Professional Driver Qualification Act existed.
Regulation on the international carriage of goods by road and cabotage
Text reviewed by the Ministry of Economy, Labour and Transport
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.