For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Apply for a civil partnership certificate for a civil partnership concluded abroad

Upon request, the registry office will issue you with documents and certified printouts from the civil partnership register. If your civil partnership was concluded abroad, this civil status must have been re-certified once by the registry office in Germany.

For a civil partnership certificate, you, your life partner and your direct descendants can submit an application to the registry office. Under certain conditions and on request, other persons will also receive your civil partnership certificate.

The civil partnership certificate proves the establishment of a civil partnership and contains the following information:

  • Place and date of establishment of the partnership
  • First and last names at the time of justification
  • Place and day of birth of both persons
  • Gender of life partners
  • Information on religious affiliation

What happens if your personal status data or that of the other person changes, for example due to a name change or a dissolution of the civil partnership?

Then the responsible registry office supplements the civil partnership entry with a follow-up notarization. Upon request, it will then issue you with a new civil partnership certificate.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page