For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Bundeswehr and THW: Working on the economic field - Safety certificate

In principle, the Bundeswehr and the Technical Relief Agency (THW) are prohibited from working in the economic field, as competition with the commercial economy is undesirable.

If, exceptionally, economic services are to be provided (e.g. in the form of ancillary services), this requires a certificate of safety from the local Chamber of Commerce and Industry and/or chamber of crafts that the works do not have an economic or adverse effect on businesses in the industrial economy.

This is examined by the board. If a company is found to be able to carry out the work at any price, the certificate of safety cannot be issued.

Work to be carried out can be, for example:

  • Spending meals at folk festivals,
  • Renting tents,
  • Transport operations,
  • Crane work,
  • Helicopter flights,
  • Tree felling,
  • Dismantling work,
  • Blasting ruins.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page