Apply for a certificate of competence for the regular stunning or killing of vertebrate animals on a professional or commercial basis
If you regularly look after, restraint, stunn, slaughter or kill animals professionally or commercially, you must have the necessary knowledge and skills (expertise).
You can apply for the required certificate of competence at the competent authority. For this, you must prove the competence in the context of a successful examination or a qualification recognized as equivalent.
The certificate of competence shall specify for which activities, for which animal species and for which type of equipment this applies.
The certificate of competence is valid indefinitely. However, it can be withdrawn if you have violated the requirements of the regulation and facts indicate that this will continue to be the case in the future.
- Download and print the application form. Then fill out the form completely and attach the required supporting documents. Submit the application file to your competent authority.
- The competent authority will examine your application and draw up a certificate of competence for the categories of animals and stunning and killing procedures for which you have been able to prove your competence.
- Finally, you will receive your certificate of competence or, if applicable, information about the rejection of your application by post.
- If there are any changes to your information, please notify your competent authority of those changes.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the Hanover region and the Zweckverband Veterinäramt Jade-Weser.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
General Jurisdiction Ordinance for the Municipalities and Districts for the Implementation of Federal Law (AllgZustVO-Kom)
- You have successfully passed the theoretical and practical examination with the competent authority in relation to the animal categories as well as stunning and killing methods specified in the application.
- You have an equivalent qualification.
- In addition, you must not have committed any violations of animal welfare law in the last three years.
Overview of currently equivalent qualifications - openagrar.de
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the Annex to §1 of the Schedule of Fees for Administration in the Field of Consumer Protection and Veterinary Affairs (GOVV) in accordance with Section V1.4.1.
Scale of fees for the administration in the field of consumer protection and veterinary affairs (GOVV)
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed.
Processing Time: 1 Month§ 3 paragraph 1 no. 6 Lower Saxony Ordinance on Settlement administrative procedures for the implementation of federal law on a single body and on processing deadlines (NeSVO)
§ 4 Animal Welfare Slaughter Ordinance (TierSchlV)
What else should I know?
Further information on the slaughter and killing of animals - LAVES
List of municipal veterinary offices - Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
List ID 657 (whitelist; Status: 12.07.2021)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.