For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Applying for a permit for a security trade

Commercial guarding is subject to a permit. Guarding within the meaning of § 34a of the Industrial Code (GewO) is understood to mean the activity aimed at protecting the life or property of strangers from interference by third parties. The specific activities covered by the term "guarding" are wide-ranging. This includes, among others:

  • conventional bicycle, motor vehicle and building security,
  • the event service,
  • passenger control,
  • the execution of cash and valuables transports,
  • the protection of persons or
  • the guarding of industrial and military installations as well as nuclear power plants.

Guarding requires active care (e.B supervision or controls). Custody must consist of human activity.

A security contractor can be a natural or legal person. In the case of partnerships (e.B. OHG, KG), the trader is every managing partner. In the case of legal entities (e.B. GmbH, AG), the permission of the legal entity is granted.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page