For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Help for education

The education and care for a child is primarily taken care of by the parents. In some circumstances, however, additional state aid may be necessary for education.

The assistance is given to the parents, but it is based on the interests of the child or the young person. This means that the child or young person must be involved in the decisions concerning them. Among other things, we offer

  • Educational counselling,
  • social group work,
  • Educational assistance,
  • Care assistants,
  • social-educational family support,
  • Education in a day group,
  • Full-time care,
  • home education and other assisted living forms, or
  • intensive individual social-educational support.

In addition, the Youth Office decides on the granting of integration assistance and assistance for young adult and common forms of housing for mothers/fathers and children.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page