For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Family name change

If a change of surname is desired outside the rules of civil law (i.e. not, for example, in the case of marriage or divorce), it must be requested as a change of name under public law to the competent authority.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page