Portable shooting range - apply for permission to operate
If you operate a mobile facility that is used for shooting sports or other shooting exercises with firearms, the testing of firearms or shooting with firearms for amusement (shooting range), or if you would like to significantly change its nature or type of use, you need a permit from the competent weapons authority.
No permit is required for shooting ranges where shooting is carried out in closed rooms exclusively for the testing of firearms or ammunition by weapons or ammunition manufacturers, by weapons or ammunition experts or by scientific institutions.
In the case of mobile shooting ranges, a one-time permit is sufficient before the first installation.
The shooting range must be inspected by the competent authority with regard to the safety requirements before it is put into operation for the first time. For this purpose, an expert opinion from a recognized shooting range expert can also be obtained at the expense of the operating person.
Permission may be granted only if the applicant:
- the required reliability, and
- has personal aptitude and
- proves insurance against liability and accident related to the operation of the shooting range.
There must also be a permit and acceptance for flying structures.
Which documents are required?
- Identity card or passport (copy)
- Statement from the local police station
- If applicable, proof of need
- Proof of the existence of liability insurance and accident insurance for shooting operations that are subject to fairground liability
- Any necessary permits or orders in accordance with building or immission control regulations and corresponding acceptance
- If applicable, safety report by a shooting range expert
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The permit must be applied for before the start of use.
Section 27 (1) of the Weapons Act (WaffG)
§ 1 para. 2 no. 2 Ordinance on Liability Insurance for Showmen (Showmen's Liability Ordinance - SchauHV)
Technically approved by
Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, Sport and Integration
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.