For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Apply for home care for insured persons with disabilities

As a person with a disability, do you live in a dormitory or other fully inpatient facility that enables you to participate in social life and supports you in integrating into working life? Then, under certain conditions, your nursing care fund will cover 15 percent of the costs.

However, the nursing care fund pays a maximum of EUR 266.00 per month. The remaining costs are borne by you. If your income is not sufficient for this, you are entitled to basic security benefits in old age and in the event of reduced earning capacity or housing benefit. To do this, you must submit an application to the social welfare institution. As a rule, this is the social welfare office of your place of residence.

This also applies to special forms of housing such as a dormitory or a residential group for people with disabilities. In doing so,

  • the focus is on shared living and integration into society,
  • the Housing and Care Act apply and
  • the scope of care largely corresponds to the care in a fully inpatient facility.

If you are at home with your relatives at the weekend or during the holidays, you are entitled to the following benefits for this period:

  • Care benefits in kind: This refers to the services of an outpatient care service. Your entitlement to care benefits in kind is reduced by the amount paid by the nursing care fund in that month for accommodation in a dormitory or boarding school. For example, if you are at home 10 days a month, the amount you are entitled to monthly benefits in kind will be deducted from the amount paid by your care fund for the 20 days you spent in the dormitory or boarding school.
  • Care allowance: If you are supported by relatives or volunteers during your time at home, you can receive care allowance. For every day you spend at home, you will receive 1/30 of the monthly care allowance. The day of arrival and departure is considered a full day at home. You will also receive care allowance if you make use of care benefits in kind at the same time. Your care allowance is not reduced as a result.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page