Birth certificate issuance at home birth
On the basis of the certification made in the birth register , a birth certificate for the home birth can be issued upon request.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city in whose jurisdiction the child was born. As a rule, this task is incumbent on the registry office.
Which documents are required?
- in the case of married parents
- Birth certificates
- marriage certificate or a certified imprint from the marriage register,
- in the case of unmarried parents
- Mother's birth certificate
- if paternity has already been recognised:
- Declarations on acknowledgement of paternity
- Father's birth certificate
- if applicable, the custody declarations
- Identity card, passport or a recognized passport replacement document of the parents
- a certificate of birth issued by a doctor or midwife or maternity nurse, if they were present at the birth.
A marriage certificate must also be presented if the marriage is dissolved.
What are the fees?
Fees may apply. Please contact the relevant authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The birth of a child must be reported to the competent authority within one week.
The date of birth is not included in the calculation of the notification period.
If a child is stillborn or dies in childbirth, the notification must be made no later than the third working day following the birth.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.