For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Apply for permission to sell goods at trade fairs, festivals and special occasions

You would like to use goods for a special occasion, such as a public festival, a trade fair or a market, if you are on the occasion of a trade fair or exhibition, a market (for example, a fair, Christmas market, etc.), in the context of public events or festivals (for example, community festival, shooting festival, inauguration celebrations) or during another comparable event
If you want to offer goods for immediate sale, you do not need a travel trade card if you have permission from the competent authority for this.

A permit is sufficient, which you must apply for at the competent authority. If you are already in possession of a travel trade card, this is sufficient. In this case, you do not need any additional permission.

After applying for a permit, the competent authority decides whether it agrees to your application to sell the goods. The competent authority shall grant permission

  • for a specific location and
  • limited in time for a specific event

Permission is not transferable. It does not replace any other permits and permits that may need to be obtained from other authorities (for example, road or road traffic permits – special use permits).

In certain cases, you do not need a travel trade card or any other trade permit for the sale of goods at the above-mentioned events. This applies to the following cases:

  • They sell self-obtained products from agriculture and forestry, vegetable, fruit and horticulture, poultry breeding and beekeeping, as well as hunting and fishing.
  • You sell goods in the municipality where you are registered with your place of residence or in which you have registered your commercial establishment. However, this exception only applies if the municipality has no more than 10,000 inhabitants.
  • They sell milk and, if necessary, additionally dairy products (for example, yoghurt, kefir, butter, cheese) and still have a permit under the Milk and Margarine Act.
  • They sell food or other everyday goods from a sales cart or a sales stand ("mobile shop") and do so outside of fixed markets (for example, weekly markets) at regular, shorter intervals in the same place.
  • They sell printed works on public roads, streets, squares or other public places. According to the Press Act, the term printed works includes writings, discussed sound carriers (e.g. cassettes and other data carriers), pictorial representations with and without writing, image carriers (video cassettes and other data carriers) and musical materials (printed products with sheet music) with text and explanations. For the sale of corresponding products at the front door, however, you need a permit.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page