Organization of a weekly market
If a weekly market is organized, the so-called determination of the competent authority is necessary, provided that the so-called market privileges (e.g. exemption from restrictions on shop opening rights, exemption from the provisions of the Industrial Code on the standing and itinerant trade, relaxation of working time regulations, especially on Sundays and public holidays and certain restrictions of youth employment protection law) are sought for this event.
A determination entitles to the execution of the respective event. In the case of the fixing of a weekly market, the determination obliges the organizer to carry it out.
The determination regulates the subject, place, time and opening hours of the events concerned.
Information on the possibility of scheduling several events at the same time or a permanent event is provided by the competent authority.
Further information on the topic "Events" can be found in the following services:
- Organisation of a yearly or special market
- Organization of a trade fair, an exhibition or a wholesale market
The determination shall be made only on request. A written application is recommended.
As soon as the event has been scheduled, a written notification will be issued. The fixing may be subject to conditions.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Personal reliability of the applicant
- Fulfilment of the requirements laid down in the Industrial Code for the respective type of event
- suitable venue
Which documents are required?
- Self-disclosure of any ongoing investigations, tax debts, fines and exhibitor list
- Application for determination
- Site plan with registration of the existing buildings, stands and visitor parking facilities
- Certificate of good conduct "Document type 0"
- Central Trade Register Information "Document Type 9"
- Tax clearance certificate from the tax office
- for clubs:
- Excerpt from the register of associations and statutes
- for legal persons:
- Excerpt from the commercial register
- Shareholders' agreement
What are the fees?
There are fees according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Schedule of Fees of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) according to No. 18.104.22.168 and No. 22.214.171.124.
Fee: 485,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
An application deadline is not set by law. However, a timely application (up to six weeks before the start of the event) is recommended.
Constructive Approval: 3 Months§ 6a paragraph 2 Industrial Code (GewO)
Processing Time: 3 Months§ 6a paragraph 2 Gewerbeordnung (GewO) in conjunction with § 6a paragraph 1 GewO
What else should I know?
In principle, everyone is allowed to participate in a weekly market. As an organiser, however, you can limit the event to certain groups of providers or visitors or exclude individual interested parties for objectively justified reasons. However, the selection among the applicants must be made according to objective, verifiable selection criteria. This includes criteria such as attractiveness, balance, versatility and novelty of the business operated by the applicant.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport