International road haulage - Request driver attestation
A company engaged in the carriage of goods by road for hire or reward with Community licences and uses mobile workers who do not belong to a Member State of the European Union (EU) or a State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Switzerland requires a driver attestation for the persons concerned. This is requested by the company for the drivers.
The regulation serves as proof that there is no illegal or abusive employment of workers from non-EU countries.
The driver attestation entitles the driver to drive the vehicle within the EU on behalf of the road haulier. It is granted for a period of up to 5 years. However, it may also be limited to a shorter period if the residence permit or passport expires earlier. When the employment relationship is terminated, the driver attestation must be returned to the licensing authority.
The driver must carry the original driver attestation with them on each journey. A certified copy of the driver attestation shall be kept at the premises of the undertaking.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the municipalities, joint municipalities and cities.
Which documents are required?
- Application with information on:
- Name, address and legal form of the undertaking
- the telephone and fax numbers relevant to the company's registered office as well as the electronic mail address
- the competent issuing authority, licence number, date of issue and period of validity and number of certified certified copies issued of the Community licence referred to in Article 4 of Regulation (EC) No 1072/2009 on common rules for access to the international road haulage market;
- Surname, first name, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, type and number of the card, date and place of issue of the card, number of the licence, date and place of issue of the licence, social security number of the driver for whom the driver attestation is to be issued.
- The application must be accompanied by:
- the Community licence granted to the undertaking,
- the EU work permit of the mobile crew, if one has been issued,
- the passport, passport substitute or identity card substitute, the residence permit of the mobile crew, and
- the proof pursuant to § 5 paragraph 1 of the Professional Driver Qualification Ordinance, insofar as the application is also directed to registration pursuant to § 5 paragraph 4 of the Professional Driver Qualification Ordinance or the obligation to complete a basic qualification or further training according to the Professional Driver Qualification Act has existed.
Article 4 Regulation (EC) No 1072/2009 on common rules for access to the international road haulage market
Regulation on the international carriage of goods by road and cabotage
Text checked by the Ministry of Economy, Labour and Transport
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.