Apply for a placement budget at the job centre
The funding from the placement budget is intended to support you in looking for and taking up a new job or in-company or school-based training. The job centre can support you financially, for example by incurring costs for your
- travel or travel to job interviews,
- required documents (e.g. certified copies, translations) or
- Relocation costs (if you need to move for the new work).
be taken over.
Which costs can be covered will be checked and decided by your integration specialist on your request / application before the expected costs are incurred.
You can receive the funding if you receive benefits from the basic social security according to SGB II and are either looking for one of the above-mentioned options or the start of a school education.
You can also receive the funding if you are seeking or starting employment subject to compulsory insurance in a member state of the European Union (EU), a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or in Switzerland. The prerequisite is that you work at least 15 hours per week.
You cannot receive funding from the placement budget if:
- the employer provides similar benefits,
- other public bodies are legally obliged to pay similar services, or
- Applications will not be sent by yourself.
Please note that you have no legal entitlement to funding from the placement budget. Your job centre decides whether and to what extent you will receive financial support. You will also need to provide proof of your expenses.
You can apply for funding from the placement budget at the job centre responsible for you.
- Make an appointment with your integration specialist at the job centre.
- In a discussion with you, it will then be discussed whether funding from the placement budget is possible and which support services can be offered.
- You will receive the relevant application documents from your integration specialist.
- Fill out the documents, attach the necessary evidence or supporting documents and send the documents back to the job centre.
- Please note that you must apply for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget before you incur any costs.
- You will receive a written notification as to whether the costs will be covered. In the application form, you can tick if you wish to waive a decision as long as your application is fully complied with.
- The refundable costs will be transferred to the account you specified.
If you have a corresponding user account, you can also submit the application online via the online platform "eService" of the Federal Employment Agency.
- You are threatened with unemployment or unemployed and want to take up employment subject to compulsory insurance.
- You are looking for in-company or school-based training.
- The funding from the placement budget must be applied for before the costs arise.
Which documents are required?
Depending on the support you have applied for, you will need to provide supporting documents. Your integration specialist will tell you which documents must be attached to the application.
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline. An application for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget must be submitted before costs are incurred.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.