Receive funding for activation and occupational integration measures from the job centre
The job centre can support measures to support you in your professional (re-)integration and to improve your chances of integration into the labour market. These activation and occupational integration measures are specifically aimed at:
- to introduce you to the training and labour market and to identify, reduce or remove obstacles to placement which make it difficult for you to integrate into the labour market,
- to provide you with employment subject to compulsory insurance,
- to introduce you to self-employment, or
- stabilise the taking up of employment.
You can take part in measures with an institution or an employer.
The job centre can commission institutions with the implementation of measures and assign you a place to participate.
However, you can also receive an activation and placement voucher from the job centre to register with a carrier of your choice. The voucher contains information about the goal and the contents of the measure, which will be discussed and agreed with you in advance.
The maximum possible funding period depends on the objective of the measure and your individual support needs and is partly regulated by law. Thus, measures can take place with an employer for a maximum of 6 weeks. If you are long-term unemployed or have special placement obstacles, you can participate for up to 12 weeks.
The transfer of professional knowledge may not exceed 8 weeks. Longer qualifications or measures leading to a vocational qualification can be supported for adults through the promotion of continuing vocational training (education voucher).
The job centre informs and advises you on offers and funding opportunities.
There is no legal entitlement to funding. Your job centre decides whether and to what extent you receive support.
The promotion of a measure for activation and occupational integration must be approved by your job centre before the start of the measure.
- Please arrange a personal consultation appointment with the job centre responsible for you.
- In a joint discussion, your integration specialist will discuss the necessary support needs with you and advise you on the right type of measure.
- If the decision is positive, you will receive the approval documents with information on the type, objective, content of the measure, duration and scope of the measure and which costs will be covered.
- Without permission to participate, you may have to bear the costs of the measure yourself.
- You receive basic social security benefits.
- The need for support was determined in a conversation with your integration specialist.
- The participation was approved by the job center before the start of the measure.
Which documents are required?
- Funding Declaration Form
The necessity of the support service must be determined in conversation with your integration specialist.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline. Contact your integration specialist at the job centre in good time before the planned start of the measure.
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No. The decisive factor is a consultation on performance. Subsequent funding can also be arranged in other ways.
Online services available: Yes
Objection to the job centre that issued the decision
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.