Apply for free funding SGB II
With the subsidies of SGB III and SGB II, there are good opportunities for your job center to support you in your integration into work. In cases where these funding opportunities are not sufficient, the so-called Free Funding SGB II can offer additional support.
Whether support from the Free Funding SGB II is necessary and possible in your specific situation and, if so, how it can be designed, will be decided by your responsible integration specialist. In principle, both financial benefits and participation in measures are eligible. You have no legal entitlement to funding.
- Please discuss your funding needs with your responsible integration specialist. Make an appointment as early as possible.
- You will discuss with your integration specialist whether support from the Free Funding SGB II is necessary and possible for your integration into the labour market or whether other support services can be used first.
- If a benefit from the Freie Förderung SGB II is possible, your integration specialist will discuss with you what the further procedure looks like and which online options are available for the application.
You can receive benefits from the SGB II if
- You submit an application for this
- You are an employable beneficiary within the meaning of SGB II
- the other statutory support benefits for integration into work (SGB III or SGB II) alone are not sufficient to promote the same content in the same way.
- the Freie Förderung SGB II does not circumvent or increase the other statutory support benefits for integration into work.
- no other social service provider (e.g. your municipality or health or pension insurance) is responsible for the promotion. This is the case, for example, with
- municipal integration services (e.g. childcare, debt counselling)
- Language support provided by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
- Child and youth welfare services
- Health or pension insurance benefits
Which documents are required?
Please clarify which documents are specifically required with your responsible integration specialist.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline. Free funding services can only be provided for the period after the application has been submitted.
If all required documents are complete, your application will usually be processed within a few days.
Applications / forms
Forms available: no
Written form required: no
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
- In the event of an unsuccessful objection, there is the possibility of bringing an action before the Social Court.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.