Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Apply for a subsidy from the job centre for the internship allowance for young people who are to be prepared for in-company vocational training as part of an entry-level qualification

With the entry-level qualification, you can prepare young people who have already decided on a specific profession for training in your company. As part of a paid internship, they are introduced to the future training content and can prove their skills.

For the internship allowance, you can apply for a monthly subsidy of up to EUR 262.00 plus a flat-rate share of the average total social security contribution.

In terms of content, the internship should be based on the future apprenticeship. In addition, you should strive to take the intern into your company.

The following are eligible:

  • training applicants registered with the Employment Agency with limited placement prospects for individual reasons, who do not have a training place even after the nationwide follow-up placement campaigns,
  • training seekers who do not yet have the necessary training maturity, and
  • Learning-impaired and socially disadvantaged training seekers

This also applies to young employable beneficiaries who receive benefits from the basic provision for jobseekers from the job centre.

As a rule, funding begins on 1.10. of each year at the earliest. An early start of the measure from 1.8. is in principle possible.

Process flow

You must apply for the subsidy for the entry qualification in writing:

  • Determine the internship content, duration, remuneration and eligibility criteria for the participants and report the open offer to your chamber and your employment agency.
  • You will then receive information about a provisional funding commitment.
  • If your prospective interns do not receive benefits from the job centre, ask them to register with the Employment Agency. This is the only way to check whether they belong to the eligible group of persons.
  • If the applicant belongs to the eligible group of persons, conclude an EQ contract with him or her. You can download the model contract or ask your chamber.
  • Apply to the employer service or the job center for a subsidy for the internship allowance before the start of the internship. Attach a copy of the EQ contract. If you have registered with the Employment Agency for the eServices, you can also exchange all applications and documents online with the job center.
  • Then register the intern with the health insurance fund and the employers' liability insurance association.
  • You will receive a written notification from the job centre as to whether the subsidy will be granted. If you have agreed to an electronic transmission of the decision in your online account, the notification will be made available to you online in your notification file.
  • If your applicant is required to attend vocational school, you must register him or her at the vocational school and preferably in the corresponding specialist class before starting the internship.
  • If your intern needs support with the entry qualification, he or she should coordinate with the job centre and, if necessary, apply for these support benefits.

Who should I contact?

You can find the department responsible for you via the department finder on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.

Competent authority

You can find the department responsible for you via the department finder on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.


  • The internship must:
    • between 6 and 12 months.
    • be remunerated and covered by social insurance.
  • The trainee must belong to the eligible group of persons. This must be checked by the job center.
  • The intern must not have been previously employed in your company.
  • The entry qualification may not take place in the company of the spouse, life partner or parents.
  • In the case of compulsory vocational schooling, the intern must attend vocational school lessons and be registered in the corresponding specialist class.

Which documents are required?

  • Contract for an introductory qualification between the company and the young person

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There is no deadline. You must apply for funding before the entry qualification begins. The applicant must be registered at the vocational school before the start of the internship, provided that vocational school is compulsory.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes



Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Landkreis Emsland - Fachbereich Arbeit
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993
Building Access:
elevator available : yes
wheelchair-accessible : yes


Telephone: 05931 44-0
responsible for:

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99
Building Access:
elevator available : unknown
wheelchair-accessible : unknown

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)