Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: EmslandFor an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Parking barrier for a move: facility

A parking block is necessary if the loading and unloading of a removal transport cannot be carried out without interference in road traffic. This is the case if the removal transport will take place in an area where the

  • a stop or parking ban applies,
  • Parking (e.g. in parking lots - also side strips, on resident parking, in a short parking zone) is allowed
  • there is a pedestrian zone
  • the walkway is completely or partially affected, for example, by a furniture lift or blocked.

The competent authority shall issue an order after the application has been made. This contains information on how the area in question should be identified. Only after receipt of the order may the relevant traffic signs (stop signs) be put up. The stop signs can be borrowed from the competent authority or from specialist companies (traffic technology), forwarding agents and, if necessary, from the depot.

Parking spaces may not be reserved on public roads without prior authorisation (e.g. by setting up garbage cans).
Other road users do not have to comply with unapproved reservations.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the velvet community and the city. In individual cases, the district is involved.

Which documents are required?

The application should include the following information:

  • First and last name
  • new and old address
  • Telephone and fax numbers
  • Purpose of the no-holds-all zone
  • Period during which the ban on holding is to apply
  • Area in which the no-stop zone is to be established, with as precise information as possible (e.g. street and house number) and, if necessary, by attaching a sketch
  • Length of the no-holds-all zone (usually depends on the length of the moving vehicle)
  • if applicable, the date on which the no-holds-up zone is to be established

What are the fees?

There are fees for ordering and renting the no-holds-all signs.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

The application must be submitted in good time.

Depending on the location of the application, the no-holds-all signs must be placed three to four days before the date of the move.  Please contact the appropriate body.

What else should I know?

If a no-holds-only zone has to be established at short notice, the application should be made in person.

If there is an absolute ban on stopping in the area in front of the planned loading and unloading zone, an exemption must be applied for in order to be allowed to park there. In areas with a restricted stop ban, on the other hand, loading and unloading may be allowed if this is done without delay.

If vehicles stand in the no-holds-all zone on the day of the move and hinder the move, the towing of the vehicles can be caused. The towing costs must be borne by the vehicle owners.


Text reviewed by the AG Municipal Editorial Board


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Landkreis Emsland - Fachbereich Straßenverkehr

Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen

Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62

Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Building Access:
elevator available : yes
wheelchair-accessible : yes


Point of contact:
Viktor Hartung
Telephone: 05931 44-1123
B 123
responsible for:

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen

Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover

Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99
Building Access:
elevator available : unknown
wheelchair-accessible : unknown

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.