For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Commercial handling of toxins: permission

Any person wishing to place on the market, commercially or independently, in the context of an economic undertaking, substances or preparations to private end-users which, according to the Hazardous Substances Ordinance, must be labelled with the hazard symbols T (toxic) or T+ (very toxic), requires permission from the competent authority.

The permission is given to who

  • the expertise has been demonstrated in accordance with Paragraph 5 of the Ordinance on Prohibitions and Restrictions on the Placing on The Market of Dangerous Substances, Preparations and Products in accordance with the Chemicals Act (ChemVerbotsV),
  • has the necessary reliability and
  • is at least 18 years old.

Companies are authorised to operate their establishments and establishments if they have persons with the abovementioned requirements. In the case of undertakings with several establishments, each permanent establishment must have a person who meets these requirements.

Permission may be limited to individual hazardous substances and preparations or to groups of dangerous substances and preparations. It may be granted subject to conditions. Conditions can also be ordered retrospectively.

Do not require permission

  • Pharmacies
  • Manufacturers, importers and distributors who hand over the abovementioned substances and preparations only to resellers, professional users or public research, investigation or training establishments

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page