For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Residence re-registration

The re-registration of a residence, e.g. due to a move, is the registration of a new residence.

If you move to a new municipality, municipality or city within Germany, you must register with the competent authority of the new residence. After that, a feedback to the previously responsible body is triggered by the competent authority of the new place of residence. The unsubscribe is done there automatically.

The move within the municipality, velvet municipality or city or the change of residence within a residential building must be reported to the competent authority with a period of 2 weeks.

Comply with your reporting obligation to avoid unnecessary problems and annoyance. For example, the violation of the reporting obligation results in problems with vehicle registration, the acquisition of a driving licence or the application for a management certificate.
In addition, your identity card and, if applicable, your motor vehicle license must be changed.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page