For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

War victims' assistance Granted to the injured

Damaged persons who are (or can be expected to be granted) assistance under the Federal Supply Act or in the corresponding application of this Act, e.B. under the Soldiers' Supply Act, the Civil Service Act, the Prisoner Assistance Act, the Infection Protection Act or the Act on Compensation for Victims of Violent Acts or the Criminal Rehabilitation Act, can also receive assistance within the framework of war victim welfare.

The prerequisite is that the injured persons are not able to cover the needs to be recognized from the other benefits under the aforementioned laws and other income and assets due to the damage. Whether and to what extent income is to be credited depends on different and individual income limits. However, the use of income and assets can be dispensed with in certain cases.

In addition to personal assistance, benefits in kind, one-off and ongoing grants and loans are eligible. Debts are usually not taken over.  

War victims' welfare is part of the social compensation law. It is so called with regard to the largest group of beneficiaries, but includes all welfare benefits in social compensation law. It is regulated in Sections 25 to 27j of the Federal Supply Act and serves to supplement the other benefits of the Federal Pension Act with special assistance in individual cases.

Therefore, a prerequisite for the granting of benefits is the recognition of a pension entitlement by the institution of the war victims' pension.

The benefits include benefits for participation in working life, health assistance, help with care, help to continue the household, help for the elderly, educational allowance, supplementary assistance for subsistence, recreation assistance, housing assistance and assistance in special situations.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page