Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Rhede (Ems)For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Apply for funding for people with disabilities who wish to complete further training

If you need special help with professional reorientation or reorientation due to physical, psychological, sensory or learning impairments, you can do rehabilitation-specific further training. You can then either continue your training

  • in the company with the support of a training institution (company retraining)
  • or directly in an educational institution
  • or in an institution of vocational rehabilitation.

During your further training, you are covered by social insurance. The training costs are paid by the Employment Agency or the Job Centre, provided that the Federal Employment Agency is its responsible rehabilitation provider. Depending on the eligibility requirements, you are entitled to transitional allowance or unemployment benefit II during further training.

The aim of further training is, for example, to improve your chances of integration on the labour market through qualification and to realise a health-appropriate employment. The following measures are possible:

Rehabilitation Preparation Course (RVL)

In the RVL you will receive support offers that prepare you for retraining. In addition, you will be supported in the search for a suitable retraining company. The RVL usually lasts 3 months.

Professional development with a degree

Through further training with a degree (= retraining), you can obtain a vocational qualification in a recognised training occupation. The retraining period usually comprises 2/3 of the regular training period of the career goal. The entire retraining period is funded If you have to repeat exams and this extends your retraining time, the funding will also be extended.

If you complete a company retraining, you will receive socio-pedagogical and, in some cases, psychological support depending on your individual needs. The aim is that you successfully complete your retraining and then find employment on the labour market.

An educational institution accompanies you throughout the entire period of retraining with teaching, support and counselling services and helps you with problems in vocational school and company.

If it is not possible for you to undergo in-company retraining, you can complete it in an educational institution or a vocational rehabilitation institution.
The theoretical part of the retraining takes place partly in the educational institution or the institution for vocational rehabilitation and in vocational schools. Part of the retraining are also support and remedial lessons as well as offers for exam preparation. The practical parts of the training are carried out by companies with which a retraining or cooperation contract is concluded, if necessary.

Continuing vocational training without a degree

As part of a further education without a degree, you can adapt your qualifications and knowledge to the current requirements of the labour market.

The content, duration and orientation of further training measures without a degree are diverse. For the most part, they can include knowledge transfer, but they can also focus support on taking up work on the labour market and include company phases. This also includes integration measures.

Depending on the target group and equipment, the (educational) institutions have their own workshops, offices and companies with handicapped-accessible workplace design and provide you with pedagogical and partly psychological support.
Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer accommodation and leisure facilities and are available for occupational health questions.

Whether you can do rehabilitation-specific further training – supported by the company or in an (educational) institution – depends, among other things, on:

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances on the labour market,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in professional life,
  • which activities you have carried out so far and
  • how the labour market is currently developing.

Process flow

In order to receive rehabilitation-specific further training, you must contact your employment agency or job centre:

  • To do this, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your employment agency or the integration specialist in your job centre.
    • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, make an appointment on the free telephone number 0800 4555500.
    • If you are already looked after by the job centre, make an appointment with your personal integration specialist.
  • In the consultation, it will be clarified whether a rehabilitation-specific further education is suitable for you.
  • If your consultant determines that a rehabilitation-specific further education is suitable for you, you will be immediately notified for it. Your consultant will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. It also states when and where the measure begins and what you need for it.
  • You will receive a written notification as soon as a participation place is available.
  • The Employment Agency registers you with the educational institution or the vocational rehabilitation institution.
  • You conclude a further education/participation contract with the training provider or institution and start your further education.


If you would like to complete rehabilitation-specific further training, the following requirements apply:

  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are permanently significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disability
    • the general benefits are not sufficient to promote your participation in the labour market,
    • you need special support from an educational institution or
    • you must complete the training in a special institution of vocational rehabilitation.
  • They are willing to educate themselves professionally or to be integrated professionally in any other way.
  • It can be expected that you will complete the training and that your disability-related limitations will not (again) cause you difficulties in participating in working life.

Which documents are required?

When contacting the Employment Agency or the Job Centre, please ask which documents you need.

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?


Processing duration

A few days to several weeks

Applications / forms

Forms: none
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance necessary: yes

The counsellor will clarify with you in conversation which forms you must fill out or which documents you must submit if you are eligible for rehabilitation-specific training.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Professionally released on


competent Bodies

Bundesagentur für Arbeit

Address: Regensburger Straße 104, 90478 Nürnberg

Telephone: +49 800 45555-30
Telephone: +49 800 45555-20
Telephone: +49 800 45555-00
Building Access:
elevator available : unknown
wheelchair-accessible : unknown

Data protection information

Gemeinde Rhede (Ems) - Ordnungsamt/Gewerbe/Feuerwehrwesen

Postal address: Post Office Box 1134

Address: Gerhardyweg 1, 26899 Rhede (Ems)

Telephone: 04964 9182-19
Fax: 04964 9182-40
Transport Connection:
Handicapped Parking Place: Number: 2, Fees: no
Parking Place: Number: 60, Fees: no
Building Access:
elevator available : yes
wheelchair-accessible : yes
bank account:
recipients: Gemeinde Rhede (Ems)
bank: Emsländische Volksbank
IBAN: DE08266614940000164300
recipients: Gemeinde Rhede (Ems)
bank: Sparkasse Emsland
IBAN: DE06266500010017000019
payment methods:
Sepa Credit Transfer, Bank Transfer, Cash Payment, Sepa Direct Debit, Paypal


Point of contact:
Herr Holger Knak
Address: Gerhardyweg 1, 26899 Rhede (Ems)
Telephone: 04964 9182-19
Fax: 04964 9182-40
Ordnungsamt, Sozialamt, Bürgeramt, Standesamt, Gewerbeamt
responsible for:

Landkreis Emsland

Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen

Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62

Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Building Access:
elevator available : yes
wheelchair-accessible : yes
bank account:
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Emsländische Volksbank
IBAN: DE26266600600120050000
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Sparkasse Emsland
IBAN: DE39266500010000001339
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Postbank Hannover
IBAN: DE36250100300012132306


Point of contact:
Marc-André Burgdorf
responsible for:
Bernd Otten (Datenschutzbeauftragter)
Telephone: 05931 44-1605
Fax: 05931 44-391605
responsible for:

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen

Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover

Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99
Building Access:
elevator available : unknown
wheelchair-accessible : unknown

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.