For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Applying for a residence permit in the event of a ban on deportation

If the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees has determined in your case that there are obstacles to deportation related to the target state because the return to the destination state constitutes a violation of the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (ECHR), or because there is a significant concrete danger to life, limb or freedom, you may be eligible to issue a residence permit if the conditions are met.

However, the residence permit will not be issued if you are able and reasonable to leave for another country or if you have repeatedly or grossly violated the corresponding obligations to cooperate or if there are reasons for refusal. Grounds for refusal may be, for.B example, if you have committed a crime against humanity, war crimes, crimes against peace, crimes of considerable importance or if you pose a danger to the general public or if you pose a danger to the general public or the security of the Federal Republic of Germany.

The residence permit is issued for at least one year. The extension is possible.

The residence permit entitles you to work

They are subject to a residence requirement for three years for the federal state to which they have been assigned to carry out the asylum procedure. The residence regulation does not apply or can be repealed if you, your spouse, registered partner or a minor child take up or have taken up employment subject to social security contributions with at least 15 hours per week and a minimum income above the monthly average requirement according to SGB (currently 723 euros), or vocational training or studies. Employment must also be sustainable. This is assumed if your employment relationship is expected to last for more than three months.

You are entitled to social benefits. You can receive child benefit, parental allowance and educational support if certain conditions are met.

Family reunification for your spouse and the minor child is only possible for international or humanitarian reasons or to safeguard the political interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. The family members themselves must meet the requirements for admission from abroad on international law or humanitarian grounds.

You are not entitled to participate in the integration course, admission to the integration course can only take place within the framework of available course places

A settlement permit can be granted to you on application if you have had the residence permit for five years, can secure the livelihood for yourself and your family (community of needs) from your own income without using public benefits, have paid contributions to the statutory pension insurance or to another pension institution with comparable benefits for at least 30 months,

your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany,

be allowed to pursue an economic activity and have all the necessary permits,

have sufficient knowledge of the German language (level B1),

have basic knowledge of the legal and social order and living conditions in Germany and

have sufficient living space for yourself and your family.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page