For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Residence permit for the purpose of training Issued for the continuation of studies started in another EU country

If you are recognised as an international beneficiary in another EU Member State and have been studying there for at least two years, you can obtain a residence permit to continue your studies in Germany.

The residence permit to continue studying in another EU country is a temporary residence permit. It is granted for the duration of the part of the study that is carried out in Germany.

With your residence permit for the purpose of studying, you may in principle work for up to 120 days or 240 half days a year as well as student secondary activities.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page