Apply for registration as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list
The list of energy efficiency experts serves to ensure a high level of professional qualification of the experts participating in the building funding programmes of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). Within the framework of the funding programmes, the experts are involved in the process of energy consulting as well as the planning and implementation of energy efficiency measures for buildings.
The aim of these funding programmes, which are carried out on behalf of the BMWi by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA), is to increase energy efficiency and increase the share of renewable energies in the renovation and construction of residential and non-residential buildings.
KfW's programmes include:
- until 30.06.2021: Programme group "Energy-efficient construction and renovation"
- from July 2021: Federal funding for efficient buildings – residential buildings / non-residential buildings (BEG WG and BEG NWG; each loan and grant variant) as well as individual measures (BEG EM loan variant).
BaFA's programmes include:
- Energy consulting for residential buildings,
- since January 2021: Energy consulting for non-residential buildings, plants and systems,
- since January 2021: Federal funding for efficient buildings – individual measures (BEG EM; Grant variant).
You must register on the website of dena (Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH) in order to submit an application as an expert. You must select an entry category. Depending on the registration category, you must prove the corresponding qualification.
You submit your application for registration as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list in writing by e-mail, fax or post to dena (Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH).
In order to submit an application for the KfW funding programmes "Energy-efficient Construction and Renovation – Residential Buildings", you must be entered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes since 1.6.2014.
In order to submit an application for the KfW funding programmes "Energy-efficient construction and renovation – non-residential buildings", you must be registered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes since 1.11.2020, provided that you are a master craftsman or technician.
In order to be able to submit an application to the programmes of the Federal Funding for Efficient Buildings (BEG WG, BEG NWG, BEG EM), you must be entered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes.
You must prepare your application for registration on the website of the Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena) and then submit it to dena.
- Register for a user account on the dena website.
- Provide all required data.
- Select an entry category.
- Upload all required documents online in your user account or send them to dena by e-mail, fax or post.
- If necessary, upload the required documents of reference projects exclusively in the user account.
- Create an application for registration as an expert online in the user account on the dena website.
- Send the signed application by e-mail, fax or post to dena.
- After examining your documents, dena will decide on the activation of your entry.
- When your entry is activated, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
- If you refuse, you will receive an e-mail from dena informing you to log in to your user account. There you can read which requirements you have not fulfilled.
An application for entry in the list of experts can be submitted:
- natural persons,
- Energy consultants and
- Experts in energy-efficient construction and renovation.
The following cannot submit an application:
- Companies and
Further requirements arise from the entry categories and can be read in the rule book, which is available for download on the website of the expert list.
Which documents are required?
When applying, you must submit:
- as a rule, a degree according to § 88 GEG and an additional qualification (further education, teaching activity, reference),
- if applicable, eligibility to apply to the BAFA and
- liability insurance
The required qualification differs depending on the registration category.
What are the fees?
- For the examination of the requirements for registration, a registration fee of EUR 100.00 is charged per module in the year of registration. If the registration is made via references, an additional EUR 200.00 is charged for the examination.
- In addition, an annual fee of EUR 120.00 for one module or EUR 170.00 for two modules is charged. This will be invoiced annually from the time of activation.
- If experts maintain offices at several locations, they can specify them as secondary addresses (maximum 4 per expert) in the user account. Upon activation, costs of EUR 10.00 per secondary address will be charged annually.
- Members of a network partner learn the costs from the network partner.
In addition to the costs, the statutory value added tax applies.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- To submit missing evidence after rejection of the entry: 6 months
- At the end of the time limit, the application for the registration category(s) for which evidence is missing shall be withdrawn.
- There will be no information on the expiry of the deadline.
- Complaint of non-registration: 1 month after receipt of the decision
- The complaint must be submitted in writing by post, fax or e-mail and justified.
- Registration period: 1 year after receipt of the decision
- Every 3 years, further proof must be provided (proof of practice and / or further training – see rule book)
- For the processing of the application: usually 2 weeks
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- personal appearance: no
The application for registration as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list must be prepared in advance on the website and then submitted in writing by e-mail or by post
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
Professionally released on