For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Apply for preferential customs duties on imports of goods in the context of end-use

Non-Union goods are goods from countries outside the customs territory of the European Union, for example:

  • are imported into the customs territory of the European Union, or
  • have been placed under a European customs procedure in which no duties or other commercial policy measures have to be complied with (examples of such customs procedures are the customs ware warer, inward processing procedure or temporary importation), or
  • have been obtained by the joint processing or processing of Union and non-Union goods (e.g. automobiles whose components have been obtained or manufactured both inside and outside the customs territory of the EU).

For those non-Union goods, you may claim reduced import duties if the goods are linked to a specific use (end-use). These can be, for example, goods that

  • for certain types of vessels,
  • for drilling or production platforms,
  • for civil aviation, or
  • for the industrial assembly of motor vehicles

are determined.

In order to be able to take advantage of such a tariff advantage, you need a permit, which you must apply for at the main customs office responsible for you locally.
The authorisation may also be granted retroactively. If your application is approved, the permit must be renewed after 5 years at the latest.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page