Examinations for dental, oral and maxillofacial diseases
Dental prevention is aimed at all insured persons and serves to be able to detect and treat any dental, oral and jaw diseases at an early stage.
- up to the age of 6: six times, three of them in infancy (6th to the completed 9th month of life 10th to the completed 20th month of life 21st to the completed 33rd month of life)
- between 6 and 18 years: once per half year
- from 18 years once a year
- some sick people offer different services
Dental prophylaxis measures in adults include
- the instructions for effective oral hygiene,
- Information on the reduction of risk factors and
- the removal of hard plaque and caries or irritant factors that can cause gingivitis.
The responsibility lies with the respective health insurance company.
Which documents are required?
- Electronic health card,
- Bonus booklet (from the age of 12)
What are the fees?
Measures that exceed sufficient, appropriate and economical care are paid for by the insured persons themselves.
Fee: free of chargePayment in advance: No
Guidelines of the Federal Committee of Dentists and Health Insurance Funds on early detection examinations for dental, oral and maxillofacial diseases (dental early detection according to § 26 paragraph 1 sentence 2 SGB V)
You can appeal against the decision of the health insurance company. If the objection is not remedied, you can file a complaint with the competent social court.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on