For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Provisional project certificate according to the Film Funding Act Exhibition

If you are involved in the production and distribution of German cinema films, you have the option of applying for funding aid for your project from the Filmförderungsanstalt (FFA). For this you may need a preliminary project certificate according to FFG. 

You apply for the provisional project certificate in good time, in the case of international co-productions or international co-financing at the latest two months before the start of filming, at the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) and submit it with your application to the FFA.

The preliminary project certificate serves to confirm that your film project, if it is carried out as requested, will meet the requirements of the FFG for recognition as a German film. The FFA decides whether and to what extent your film will be funded.

Note: The FFG is exclusively related to cinema films. In principle, therefore, project certificates are only issued for German cinema films.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page