For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Extension of the residence permit for the continuation of studies started in another EU country

The residence permit to continue studying in another EU country is a temporary residence permit. The residence permit is extended for the duration of the mandatory study period or the exchange program that is carried out in Germany.

The same conditions apply to the extension of your residence permit as to the granting of your residence permit. In particular, your livelihood should be secured for the duration of your studies in Germany.

As a rule, the residence permit cannot be extended if this has already been ruled out when the residence permit was issued or last extended.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page