For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Foreign professional qualification Recognition as a teacher/teacher

If, on the basis of your degree as a teacher, you wish to acquire the qualification for a teaching position that opens up access to the profession, the equivalence of your degree must be established with a German teacher qualification . This is done by the competent authority.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page