Provision of a service as a draft author for the first time notification
In the case of temporary and occasional services, foreign nationals are entitled to a building template as a design author if they meet the requirements.
The temporary and occasional nature of the provision of services shall be assessed, in particular, on the basis of the duration, frequency, regular recurrence and continuity of the services. The persons fulfilling the requirements must notify the competent authority in advance in writing of the first provision of a service as a draft author in Lower Saxony. If prior notification is not possible due to the urgency of the action, the notification shall be made up immediately.
The competent authority may prohibit action as draft author if the above conditions are not met.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- a Member State of the European Union,
- another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, or
- a State to which the Member States of the European Union are contractually obliged to provide equal treatment of its nationals with regard to the recognition of professional qualifications;
- without residence in Germany or a professional establishment
- in the case of temporary and occasional services, are entitled to design as design authors if:
- are lawfully established in one of those States for the provision of design services
- are entitled to use the professional title "engineer" on the basis of a degree in civil engineering and
- in the event that neither the profession nor the training for the profession is regulated in the State of establishment, have pursued the profession there for two years during the previous ten years.
- The same applies to nationals of third countries in so far as those nationals are to be assent under European Union law because of their personal characteristics with regard to the freedom to provide services or the recognition of professional qualifications.
Which documents are required?
- a certificate of lawful establishment for the provision of design authoring services in the other State and that the exercise of the profession is not prohibited,
- proof of professional qualification; in the event that neither the profession nor the training of the profession is regulated in the other State,
- Proof that the profession has been practiced for at least one year in countries other than Germany during the past ten years
What are the fees?
There are no fees.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
What else should I know?
Upon request, the competent body shall confirm that the notification has been made. The draft author must immediately notify the draft author of any significant changes to the certified circumstances and, upon request, provide proof of them by means of appropriate documents.
Anyone who has already registered in another federal state and is therefore allowed to work there as a draft author is not subject to the reporting obligation.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality