For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Application for exemption from proof of professional inertial insurance for architects

The professional title "architect" or "architect", "interior architect" or "interior architect", "landscape architect" or "landscape architect" and "urban planner" or "urban planner" may only be held by those who are entered under the respective designation in the list of architects of the Lower Saxony Chamber of Architects, the corresponding directory in another federal state or the directory of external service providers. The architects, interior designers, landscape architects and urban planners (chamber members) registered with the Lower Saxony Chamber of Architects are additionally registered with the addition of "self-proclaimed" if they carry out their profession independently and independently.

Freelance members of the Chamber are obliged to maintain a continuous professional inertial insurance in accordance with the requirements of Section 11 (1) of the Lower Saxony Architects Act during the period of their registration with the Chamber of Architects. The insurance cover must be proven in the registration procedure. Freelance members of the Chamber who no longer have professional insinuation insurance (no longer) must be removed from the list of architects.

The insurance obligation is exempted on application if he does not pursue the profession for personal reasons, in particular because of retirement, illness or parental leave.

Similarly, the obligation to insinuate is exempted on application who, upon first entry in the list of architects with the addition of "self-employed", does not yet carry out a self-responsible activity for others. This exemption in connection with the creation of a business is granted for a longer than one year.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page