For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Permits and exemptions for excessive use of road: grant

Events for which public roads are used more than usual require permission. In particular, these are:

  • Motor sports events with motor vehicles, classic cars or motorcycles
  • Cycling, cycling, triathlon events, folk walks and races
  • Journeys in a closed bandage
  • Moves
  • Street festivals, traditional events, markets

Driving on public roads is prohibited.


Permission or exemption may only be granted for events organised and responsibly organised by an organiser. The organiser must provide a guarantee that the event will be held in accordance with the conditions and conditions of the licensing authority. A permit or exemption is granted after written request. The Road Traffic Authority examines the application and the documents submitted and consults the relevant bodies (police and road load carriers, forestry and nature protection authorities).
The authorisation or exemption may be accompanied by conditions and conditions and with orders for traffic-regulating and restrictive measures. These measures will be agreed with the organiser in advance.

Exceptions to prohibitions or restrictions are possible in certain individual cases or generally for certain applicants. An exception may only be granted in particularly urgent cases. The safety of traffic must not be affected by the exemption. If necessary, this is ensured by appropriate conditions and conditions.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page