For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Report the sale of the motor vehicle

If a change occurs in the person of the holder, the previous owner or owner must immediately inform the competent registration authority for the purpose of changing the vehicle registers.

Depending on the offer of the licensing authority, a corresponding form is available for download.

Notification is not required if the acquirer has already notified the approval authority of the changes. Immediately after the change of owner, the purchaser must notify the registration authority responsible for his place of residence or registered office of the new owner data and the vehicle data and, on request, provide proof of proof of ownership, apply for the copy of a new registration certificate Part I on presentation of the proof of insurance and submit the registration certificate Part II for amendment (transfer).

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page