For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Registration of a used motor vehicle from an EU country

The registration of a vehicle that has already been registered in the EU or the EEA is possible on request. Approval shall be granted by the competent licensing authority. If you buy a new or used vehicle abroad or move to Germany with a vehicle registered for you abroad, you must apply for registration for this vehicle.
The registration of a vehicle that was previously registered abroad is more complex compared to the new registration or rewriting, as more documents are required.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page