For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Registration certificate Part I Replacement

There is no general obligation to exchange from the old vehicle letter to the new Registration Certificate Part II. However, there must be no coexistence of old and new papers for a vehicle. Automatically exchanged if a new vehicle license has to be issued anyway, because it has been lost, for example. This applies regardless of whether the old vehicle letter is still present or not. The vehicle registration certificate will be destroyed and replaced by the Registration Certificate Part I.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page