For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Admission certificate Part II Replacement

There is no general obligation to exchange from the old vehicle letter to the new Registration Certificate Part II. However, there must be no coexistence of old and new papers for a vehicle. Automatically exchanged if a new vehicle letter has to be issued anyway, because it has been lost, for example. This is regardless of whether the old vehicle license is still available or not. The vehicle letter will be devalued and replaced by the Registration Certificate Part II.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page