Authorisation for exemptions from the Highway Code: granting
If, in individual cases, the exercise of business conflicts with the requirements or prohibitions of the Road Traffic Regulations (StVO), an exemption permit can be applied for. This applies, for example, to exceptions
- the regulations on road use,
- the prohibition on entering a motorway or a motor road or using it with vehicles not registered there,
- the regulations on stopping and parking,
- the requirements relating to vehicle and load dimensions,
- the requirements relating to the use of safety belts and the wearing of safety helmets,
- from Sundays and public holidaysstag driving ban,
- the prohibition of bringing obstacles onto the road,
- prohibitions on operating loudspeakers, offering goods or services on the street,
- the prohibition of advertising and propaganda in connection with road signs,
- prohibitions or restrictions imposed by means of regulatory or directional marks, and
- the ban on night, Sunday and holiday parking for vehicles over 7.5 t and trailers over 2 t in residential areas.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district and the district-free city.
Which documents are required?
Documents are required. Please contact the competent authority.
Proof of the Requirement for a Derogation
What are the fees?
Fees apply. Please contact the relevant authority.
Fee: 10,20 - 767,00 EURPayment in advance: NoAccording to the scale of charges for road transport measures (GebOSt), the fee framework exists per exemption and vehicle / person.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
As a rule, applications are not bound by a deadline, but should be submitted as early as possible.
Special regulations apply to large-capacity and heavy-duty transports.
What else should I know?
Exemptions shall be granted only in cases of urgent necessity, with due regard in particular to safety and order of traffic.
Text checked by the AG Kommunenredaktion
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.