Apply for a placement budget at the Jobcenter
The funding from the placement budget is intended to support you in looking for and taking up a new job or in-company or school-based training. The Jobcenter can provide you with financial support, for example by paying costs for your
- travel or travel to job interviews,
- required documents (e.g. certified copies, translations) or
- Relocation costs (if you need to move for the new job).
Which costs can be covered will be checked and decided by your integration specialist at your request / application before the expected costs are incurred.
You can receive the subsidy if you receive benefits from the basic income support according to SGB II and either aim for one of the above-mentioned options or if you want to take up school education.
You can also receive the subsidy if you are seeking or starting employment subject to compulsory insurance in a member state of the European Union (EU), a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or in Switzerland. The prerequisite is that you work at least 15 hours per week.
You will not be able to receive funding from the placement budget if:
- the employer provides similar services,
- other public bodies are legally obliged to pay for similar services, or
- Applications cannot be sent by you.
Please note that you are not legally entitled to funding from the placement budget. Whether and to what extent you will receive financial support is decided by your Jobcenter. You will also need to provide proof of your expenses.
You must submit an application for funding from the placement budget to the Jobcenter responsible for you.
- Make an appointment with your integration specialist at the Jobcenter.
- We will then discuss with you whether funding from the placement budget is possible and what support services can be offered.
- Your integration specialist will provide you with the relevant application documents.
- Fill out the documents, attach the required evidence or supporting documents and send the documents back to the Jobcenter.
- Please note that you must apply for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget before you incur any costs.
- You will receive a written notification as to whether the costs will be covered. In the application form, you can tick if you wish to waive a decision as long as your application is fully complied with.
- The refundable costs will be transferred to the account you have specified.
If you have a corresponding user account, you can also submit the application online via the online platform "eService" of the Federal Employment Agency.
- You are at risk of unemployment or unemployed and want to take up employment subject to compulsory insurance.
- You are looking for in-company or school-based training.
- Funding from the placement budget must be applied for before the costs are incurred.
Which documents are required?
Depending on the support you have applied for, you will need to provide supporting documents. Your integration specialist will tell you which documents need to be attached to the application.
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline. An application for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget must be submitted before costs are incurred.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.