Children's passport issuance
The issuance of a children's passport must be applied for and is valid for children up to the age of 12. No biometric data is collected when applying.
Depending on the destination country, the presentation of a passport with biometric data may be required. In this case, an electronic passport (ePassport) for minors (see Passport issuance for minors for the first time) must be applied for for the child.
From the age of 10, the signature must be included on the child's passport.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the municipality, the joint municipality and the city in which the main residence is.
- Presence of the child for identity verification
- If the child cannot be present in person, only a provisional document will be issued.
- At the latest when the document is issued, an identity check must be carried out by the competent authority, otherwise the children's passport will not be handed over.
Which documents are required?
- old child's ID card or children's passport (if available) or birth certificate of the child
- consent (declaration) of the legal guardians; Proof of custody in the case of only one custodian
- up-to-date biometric-compatible photograph, in fit (45 x 35 mm) in portrait format, frontal shot without border, without headgear and without covering the eyes
What are the fees?
Fee: 13,00 EURPayment in advance: Nofor the exhibition
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.