Special education support takes place in Lower Saxony in special schools and in all other general education schools. Special educational needs are assumed for children and young people who are so impaired in their educational, development and learning opportunities that they cannot be adequately supported in the lessons of the general school without special educational support. Therapeutic and social assistance from other extracurricular providers may also be necessary.
Due to the need for appropriate and effective support in special priorities, oriented towards the impairments or disabilities of the pupils, the special schools are differentiated as follows:
- Special school focus on emotional and social development,
- Special school focus on mental development,
- Special school focus on hearing (hard of hearing, deaf),
- Special school focus on physical and motor development,
- Special school focus on learning,
- Special school focus on vision (visually impaired, blind),
- Special school focus on language,
- Special school focus on hearing/vision (deafblind).
In addition, as a support centre , the special school supports integration in general schools through education and teaching, counselling, therapy, care and care. This is done through the use of special school teachers, in individual cases also of pedagogical staff or caregivers. The scope and duration of the assignment depend on the special educational requirements. As part of the work in the support centre, the teachers are deployed in special education basic care, in integration classes, in the mobile service or in a cooperation class in the general school.
Further information can be found here.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.