Apply for a subsidy for expenses on a monument
You can apply to the Lower Saxony State Office for the Preservation of Monuments for grants for conservation or care measures on cultural monuments in Lower Saxony. The measures may not have started yet and must be approved under building or monument law.
As a rule, the funding should amount to up to 30% of the eligible costs and is regularly granted as fixed-amount financing for project funding.
Funding is provided for the expenditure required in the context of security, repair and maintenance measures on cultural monuments solely or predominantly for reasons of monument preservation (monument-related expenses)
The acquisition of a cultural monument is not funded
The person obliged to maintain the property (owner, heritable building or person entitled to use it) is entitled
Funding amount regularly up to 30% of eligible expenditure
At least EUR 3,000 (for local authorities: at least € 25,000.00)
Measures for which the conditions for the use of urban development funds are met may not be funded.
- Examination by the respective department for eligibility for funding
- Technical decision-making on funding in the Quality Circle Grants
- Approval after examination of all documents
- Verification of the proof of use
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city and the large independent city.
The Lower Saxony State Office for the Preservation of Monuments is responsible for the professional assessment and advice as well as the allocation of monument funding.
- The measure must comply with the technical as well as building or monument law requirements (approval and, if applicable, further technical requirements)
- Eligibility for funding is determined by the additional expenditure caused by the monument
- Compatibility with EU aid law
- Data from the application documents may be stored and passed on to competent authorities
Which documents are required?
- Name of the monument (town, street, etc., directory number if applicable)
- Project description, supplemented by photos or damage reports if necessary
- If applicable, eligibility for the application (power of attorney)
- If applicable, notification via the planner
- Project period
- Monument permit or building permit
- Financing plan, with the details of the other funding bodies and a cost plan with a cost estimate/offers
- Declaration on own funds and own contribution
- Declaration of deductibility
What are the fees?
Fee: free of charge
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
Depending on the completeness of the documents or the required depth of examination.
Action before the Administrative Court
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Science and Culture (MWK)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.