Notification period of an auction: shortening
In exceptional cases, in particular in the case of auctions of perishable goods, a shortening of the two-week notification obligation for auctions can be requested.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality and at the same time with the Chamber of Industry and Commerce. The municipality and the Chamber of Industry and Commerce in whose district the auction is to take place are responsible.
Which documents are required?
- Written notification stating:
- the place and time of the auction, and
- Category of goods to be auctioned
In the event of an auction of goods which:
- belong to an estate or an insolvency estate, or
- be sold due to cessation of business, or
- are sold by way of public auction on the basis of a statutory provision (Section 383 (3) of the German Civil Code (BGB)) and
- are offered in open points of sale and which are unused or whose intended use consists in their consumption,
In addition, the following information is required:
- the reason for the auction, and
- the name and address of the contracting authority
- Identity document
- Auctioneer's permit
What are the fees?
If the deadline for notification is shortened in accordance with Section 3 (1) sentence 2 of the Auctioneers' Ordinance (VerstV), fees will be charged according to the time spent by the authorities.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.