Process-free construction measures
Certain structures and parts of structures may be erected, inserted into structures or modified without a building permit and without notification as non-procedural construction measures. These construction measures are listed in the appendix to Section 60 (1) of the Lower Saxony Building Code (NBauO).
According to § 60 para. 2 of the Lower Saxony Building Code (NBauO), the following are also non-procedural construction measures:
- the change in the use of a building if the public building law does not impose any other or more far-reaching requirements on the new use or if the construction or modification of the building would be exempt from proceedings in accordance with paragraph 1,
- the conversion of rooms in the attic of a residential building with only one dwelling into common rooms belonging to this dwelling,
- the conversion of rooms in existing residential buildings and apartments into rooms with a bath or shower or with a toilet,
- the demolition and removal of structures, with the exception of high-rise buildings, and the parts of structures listed in the Annex;
- the maintenance of structural facilities.
If there are doubts as to whether or not an intended construction measure requires approval or notification, information can be obtained from the competent authority before the measure is carried out.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the municipality, the joint municipality and the city. After examination, the latter forwards the request to the lower building supervisory authority for processing.
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
There are no fees.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.