Notification of non-profit and commercial waste collections
Non-profit and commercial collections of recyclable waste, so-called recyclable materials from private households, must be reported at least three months before the start of the collection. For example, street or container collections of textiles and shoes, but also purchase points of waste paper are subject to notification.
Collection may be prohibited, limited in time or subject to conditions by the competent authority.
- Recyclable materials from private households are subject to transfer. This means that they are generally to be left to the public waste disposal authorities.
- the commercial or non-profit collection of recyclable materials (recyclable waste) is only permitted if this has been notified to the competent authority;
- displayed collections may be prohibited or restricted by the competent authority
- mixed waste from private households may not be collected commercially or non-profit (e.B. bulky waste)
Electronic waste (defective waste electrical and electronic equipment) must be returned to the public waste disposal provider or to the dealers obliged to take it back.
The purpose must be a collection of waste from private households for commercial or non-profit purposes.
The collection must not be precluded by an overriding public interest.
Which documents are required?
- information on the size and organisation of the collection company,
- information on the nature, extent and duration, in particular on the maximum scope and minimum duration of the collection,
- information on the nature, quantity and fate of the waste to be recovered;
- an explanation of the recovery routes envisaged within the notified period, including the measures necessary to ensure their capacities, and
- an explanation of how the proper and harmless recovery of the collected waste is ensured.
What are the fees?
There are costs in the amount of 50.00 Euro to 100.00 Euro.
What else should I know?
Anyone who does not report a non-profit or commercial collection, not correctly or not in time, commits an administrative offense. This can be punished with a fine of up to 10,000 euros.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection